Monday 6 May 2013

Thoughts of a Late Night Filofaxer


If you're like me, you are flat out all day 
and drop in an exhausted heap at the end of the night.

 Well close the doors,
turn out the lights
listen carefully

I have a confession to make.

I am a late-night Filofaxer.

Aren't we all?

How many nights have I given up much needed sleep
in order to set out my pages, write in my journal
or surf the net looking for great ideas to apply to my own binder.

Addiction?

No. Passion!

I love to organize!

There, I said it.

I LOVE to organize.

I love to set out my day/week/month 
remember events
cross off tasks done, post reminders 
and highlight appointments


It invigorates me, It keeps me in touch with the 
millions of things that pull at me in all directions
and it is focused in 
one, small
leather bound 
TARDIS*.

It really is bigger on the inside!

Where else would you get so much information
so lovingly written
so many thoughts turned into words
diagrams
scribbles
pictures
decorations and
dates

Sitting alone
in the quiet of the night
I have time to dream
regret
remind
remember
plan 
and write.


Oh the joy of writing.

In my busy life
those minutes spent at the end of each day
is an oasis
a soothing task
a confessional
an encouragement
a plan.

Yes,

I am

a Late-Night Filofaxer.

Who wouldn't be?





*For a definition of TARDIS see http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/Tardis




4 comments:

  1. How lovely! I really enjoyed this post! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leather bound Tardis - that's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Tardis comparison! It really is true!

    ReplyDelete